fbpx

This Day in Norwood History-January 25, 1962-24-Hour Deposit Service Now At Co-operative Bank

LINE FORMS ON THE RIGHT at the new 24 hour depository Installed on the Guild street side at the Norwood Co-operative Bank. Left to right: President Kenneth W. Tatro holds envelope slot for deposits made by Mrs. Jessie L. Dawson and Mrs Hilda K. Sullivan.

The Norwood Co-operative Bank, exemplifying its progressive policy, has installed a modern, convenient 24-hour Depository System This new depository has a slot for savings account deposits by envelope The depository envelopes go through a welded steel chute Into a burglary-resistive receiving safe inside the bank The receiving safe Is encased in reinforced cement.

President Kenneth W Tatro, President of the local bank, has pointed out that this Is another in a long line of “firsts’’ introduced by Norwood Co-operative Bank, 9th largest institution of its kind in Massachusetts.

The Norwood contracting firm of John Mutch Co. Inc. provided the labor and facilities to install the 24-hour unit which is located on the Guild street side of the bank next to the Don Kent Weather Station.

The body of the safe Is 1-Inch thick solid steel. Door of case-hardened steel has maximum thickness of 3- inches, minimum thickness of 1 1/2-inches under lock. Six solid steel Integral lugs interlock behind similar lugs in safe body when door is closed. Locking mechanism consists of a Mosler bronze-case four-tumbler combination lock, capable of 100,000,000 changes, and incorporating a key-locked knob, providing dual control. Patented Moslcr Relock- j ing Device gives added protection against attack. Both lock and relocking device are approved by the Underwriters’ Laboratories, Inc.

Outside dimensions are 17 3/4″ wide X 13” high. Built with a protective outer hood which shields its front surface, this unit Is completely weatherproof. All exposed surfaces are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel.

The envelope slot, which is 1” high X 11″ wide, is protected by an external weatherproof flap. The envelope chute has highly polished stainless steel runners which allow frictionless travel of envelopes to receiving safe.

This Day In Norwood History-February 5, 1943-Hospital Handles More Cases in 1942

This Day In Norwood History-February 5, 1943-Hospital Handles More Cases in 1942

44% Of Patients Prove To Be Norwood Residents Topping all previous years in the number of cases handled, the total of 4066 individuals who were treated at the Norwood Hospital…

The Tanneyhill & Diggs Families of Norwood

The Tanneyhill & Diggs Families of Norwood

Two Influential African-American Families in Norwood This story begins in the aftermath of the U. S. Civil War and the Emancipation Proclamation. Two Black families move to Norwood.Using photos donated…

This Day In Norwood History-February 4, 1941-Federal Auxiliary Airport in Norwood Asked in Proposal to State Legislature

This Day In Norwood History-February 4, 1941-Federal Auxiliary Airport in Norwood Asked in Proposal to State Legislature

While the legislative committee on military affairs remained deadlocked over the site for a new state-operated East Boston Airport auxiliary landing field, Senator Mason Sears of Dedham yesterday gained suspension…

This Day in Norwood History-February 3, 1948-Count Von Rumford Branded Spy By Historical Society Speaker

This Day in Norwood History-February 3, 1948-Count Von Rumford Branded Spy By Historical Society Speaker

Painting of Sir Benjamin Thompson, Count Rumford by Thomas Gainsborough 1783 A letter written in a nut-bark fluid to General Thomas Gage, British leader in the American Revolution, has recently been discovered and…

Related Posts

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close