Committee From Orient Lodge of Norwood, Plans Erection of Masonic Temple on Winslow Site.
NORWOOD, Sept 19 — A committee appointed by Orient Lodge, A. F. & A. M., to sell the property at the corner of Washington and Market sts owned by the lodge since 1868, and to buy a new lot and submit plans to the lodge for a new building, has voted to buy a lot on the south side of Day st, a short distance from Washington st, belonging to Mrs. J. M. Winslow. It is probable that Beacon av will be continued from Beacon st to Day st, so that the Masons’ lot would be on the corner of Day st and the new street.
The lot is one of the most sightly and conveniently situated in town. It is the plan of the committee to build a Masonic temple.
Besides Orient Lodge, the largest fraternal organization in town, Hebron Roval Arch Chapter and Samoset Chapter O. E. S.. would meet in the proposed temple. The Orient Club, composed of Masons, also has quarters in the old building, which it will have to vacate.
The committee has sold the property in which Masonic Hall is situated to George F. Willett. It is the wish of the committee to begin building as soon as plans are accepted.
The committee includes Hon Frank A. Fales, chairman; Frank A. Morrill, Fred L. Fisher. W. F. Tilton. Charles A. GilImore and the trustees of Orient Lodge, H. F. Walker, L. N. Newman and Francis E. Everett.