Children in Theatre Calm As Norwood Fire Is Quenched
NORWOOD, April 11 – More than 500 children attending the matinee performance at the Guild Theatre, Washington st., Norwood sq„ sat calmly in their seats to-day when smoke from a fire in an adjoining shed seeped into the theatre.
Manager James Collins stopped the show, ordered the lights turned on and informed the audience that there was no danger.
The lights remained on for a half hour while firemen battled the blaze. Damage estimated at several hundred dollars resulted to furniture stored in the shed, property of the Norwood Furniture Company.