: “Dublin” Neighborhood Reunion

On July 11, 1977, a planning committee for the “Dublin Reunion” announced that a meeting would be held at 8:00 p.m. that evening at the home of Tom Costello, located at 67 Nichols St., to finalize logistics for an upcoming neighborhood gathering. The reunion is slated to take place on September 18 at Concannon’s Village in Norwood. The event will feature a “happy hour” beginning at 4:00 p.m., followed by a roast beef dinner at 6:00 p.m.

The organizers, motivated by a desire to rekindle old friendships among former neighbors of the “Dublin” section of town, are urging interested parties to reach out to committee members. The organizing team includes Ed King (246 Railroad Ave.), Mike Donahue (94 Prospect St.), Alice Falon Erker (1192 Main St., Walpole), Rita Connally (358 Nahatan St.), and Margaret Keody (16 Pine St.).

Archival Note: This article has been dynamically reconstructed from the original public record print archives of the Patriot Ledger

More…

  • Day Street

    Day Street is one of Norwood’s richest historic corridors, home to some of the town’s most architecturally significant and culturally meaningful properties. Each house tells a different chapter of Norwood’s story—from early families who shaped the community to landmark institutions that anchored civic life. 75 Day Street – The Joseph & Hannah (Rhoades) Day House…

  • 93 Day Street – F Holland Day House

    The F Holland Day House is notable for its unique architectural style, significant reconstruction, and associations with the remarkable publisher, photographer, and philanthropist Fred Holland Day. The Day House, located at 93 Day Street, sits on a half-acre lot at the corner of Day and Bullard Streets on a hill overlooking Norwood Center. Fred Day’s…

  • Norwood’s Neighborhoods-Christian Hill

    Norwood’s Neighborhoods-Christian Hill

  • To the East of the Common – Central Street

    To the west of the town square is Central Street, which during the summer months becomes an extension of the town square. Since the COVID pandemic, the town has placed Jersey barriers at either end of this section of the street (at Nahatan and at Cottage), laid down artificial turf and set up several picnic…

  • To the South of the Common – Cottage Street

    Cottage Street forms the Town Square’s southern side. On the opposite side of Washington Street, Cottage Street is largely a residential, this portion of Cottage Street is an extension, which runs from Washington Street ending at Broadway and is largely commercial. It was added in the 1920s when the Town Square was created. Lewis’ Lewis…

  • To the West of the Common – Washington Street

    Washington Street is the main thoroughfare through town and forms the eastern border of the Town Square. It splits at the northern edge of town and becomes Walpole Street, known in the early days of the town as the Norfolk Bristol Highway, and southerly to South Norwood. Churches   United Church of Norwood was originally…

  • Downtown Norwood: Country Village to Modern Town Square

    South Dedham officially became Norwood when it was incorporated in 1872.   However, long before it was incorporated, Norwood was a growing town and busy stopping point for travelers from Boston going south to Wrentham, and on to Providence; and coming from those destinations to Boston.  At that time there was no Town Square or…

  • The Town Square

    The current Town Square, or Common, was envisioned by George Willet to be a central business district framed by the Town Hall and the Theater. He undertook the huge effort to turn this area into a modern downtown during the early 1900’s. Originally called “The Hook,” it got its unusual name from the large iron…

  • To the North of the Common – Nahatan Street

    North of the Town Square is Nahatan Street. Running directionally east to west, it was originally laid out in the early 1800s, to be the main road between Medfield and South Dedham. Today, where it crosses Washington Street, is most certainly the main intersection in town. The street is home to several important Norwood town…

  • 1930 German Residents of Bullard St., Walpole (second half)

    #166 Bullard – The home of Carl Doderer Carl Gotlieb Doderer was born 31 Aug 1874 in Backnang, Baden, Germany and died 28 Nov 1941 in Walpole. He was the son of Heinrich Freidrich Doderer and Christine Friederika Baumann. He married 17 Jun 1899 Bertha F. Schaier in Norwood. She was born Sept 1878 in…


Discover more from Norwood Historical Society

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.