Announces Purchase Of Ambrose Press
Frederick W Neilsen, for the past 20 years associated with the Ambrose Press, Norwood’s oldest and largest commercial printing shop, has announced the purchase of Ibe business from Carroll N Smith of Walpole.
Neilsen who learned the trade with the Ambrose Press worked up through the ranks to become general superintendent and eventually owner.
The Amoiose Press was founded in 1895 by the Ambrose Brothers at the same time the Messenger was brought to Norwood First located on Cottage Street, the Press moved to Vernon Street and then to Broadway in 1920 Robbert E Costello acquired the business with the purchase of the Messenger in the middle ‘20’s and upon his death the printing business was purchased by Carroll Smith.
In 1941, the plant was moved again this time to 925 Washington Street opposite the Norwood Press, the present location.
The Ambrose Press is equipped to do all types of jobs from business cards to bound books It is the only printing establishment in this area carrying the union label.
Neilsen has been a resident of Norwood since 1918 and is a member of the Chamber of Commerce Married, he makes his home at 12 Lincoln Street with his wife the former Ruth M Davis, and their two children. William, 11. and Barbara. 6.
(All articles originally appeared in the Norwood Messenger unless otherwise noted)