This Day In Norwood History-February 17

Historic Norwood House Destroyed

Willard Dean House, South corner of Dean and Pleasant streets

Tue, Feb 17, 1942 – The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts)

NORWOOD, Feb. 17—The historic Willard Dean House at Dean and Pleasant sts., built about 1700 and one of the oldest buildings in the town, was razed last night by a fire of undetermined origin.

Finding the 1-1/2 story wooden structure enveloped in flames when they arrived, firemen confined their efforts to preventing the blaze from spreading to the nearby Morrill Ink Works. The Dean House has been unoccupied for about two years and most of its antiques had been removed by the Norwood Historical Society.

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close