Erected in the fall of 1892 by George H. Morrill, Jr., of the George H. Morrill Ink Co. of Norwood, this granite homestead, with its great hall and stairway, stately rooms, deep, shady piazzas and stone stable which housed fine horses and equipages (later, some of Norwood’s earliest automobiles) has stood as a landmark and architectural period piece of the lush “Nineties.” The photo shows workmen starting to disassemble the elaborate solid oak staircase of the mansion. The Marshall C. Spring Co., Inc., of Newton Lower Falls are the building wreckers. (Surette Photos)