NORWOOD LIBRARY GIVEN $50,000
NORWOOD, July 25, 1923—The sum of $25,000 has been turned over to Town Treas Harold Gay, as treasurer of the Library Board. This is one-half of the $50,000 bequeathed to the Morrill Memorial Library by the will of Mrs. Alice Plimpton of this town, who died recently.
The Library Board has passed an act of acceptance of the sum and the chairman, William T. Whedon, and Miss Maude Shattuck, another member of the board, have been appointed to decide whether to accept $25,000 in cash, Immediately available or accept $25,000 in negotiable bonds.
Mrs. Plimpton left a similar sum to the Norwood Hospital and other large sums for charity. She was a seasoned traveler of many years and had spent a great portion of her later years in travel in the Orient. Her beautiful home in the residential section contains many rare and valuable works of art as well as furniture and collections from various parts of the world.
According to what information can be obtained from Mr Whedon, the sense of the board is that the money will be spent for an addition to the library building. Norwood has now one of the best-equipped library buildings, for its size, in the State.