The purchase of Lewis’ Restaurant by Edward Roach and Clifford Cashen was revealed this week.
Erected in 1939, the restaurant has been operated since that time by Arthur G. Lewis of Norwood. The transfer in ownership became effective at midnight Monday.
The restaurant firm will be known legally as Tiot Restaurant, Inc., but will continue operation under the established name of Lewis’ Restaurant.
Lewis stated this week that he intends to take a six-month vacation shortly and then enter some other line of business. He had words of commendation for his successors, whom he characterized as ‘young, ambitious and intelligent, and deserving of the support of the townspeople.’’
Roach and Cashen were for several years owners of Green Acres Restaurant, which they recently sold.
Cashen was recently discharged from the Navy.
This Day in Norwood History-May 30, 1950-Ponder Question Of Land For School Purposes
The School Committee and the Planning Board following two conferences on the matter of location of possible school sites, visited the are in the vicinity of the corner of Dean…
This Day In Norwood History-May 30, 1922-Ora Holman, 91, Helped Hunt Down John Wilkes Booth
May 30, 1922-Ora Holman, 183 Walpole st, is the oldest Civil War veteran, having passed his 91st birthday. He enlisted in the 2d New Hampshire Cavalry, and is a member…
This Day in Norwood History-May 30, 1903-Woman’s Club Petions For Use of High School Assembly Room
RATHER FAVORS IT. Public Opinion Is Inclined to, Take Sides With the Woman’s Club In An Important Petition. An interesting hearing, involving some equally interesting questions of public policy, was…
This Day in Norwood History-May 30, 1957-Thrills Promised By Christiani Brothers’ Circus At Elks’ Field
Corky Cristiani Corky Cristiani, 21, and pretty famous equestrienne with the Cristiani Bros. Circus like nearly all on the list of performers, has inherited her strength and skill, and daring.…