fbpx

This Day In Norwood History – December 4

New Business Center for Norwood

04 Dec 1949, Sun The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts)

Winslow Bros. & Co. has appointed John C. Kiley & Son agents for the sale of the old Smith Plant situated on Central st. and Railroad, av., adjacent to the Municipal Center and Town Hall.

The structures, which have been used as a tannery for more than 125 years, are now being razed.

The land is so close to the active retail center that plans are being developed for new buildings that will accommodate merchants who desire parking alongside or in the rear of the stores.

The Smith Plant consists of two lots having a total area of about 146,000 square feet with long frontages on Central st and Railroad av.

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close