This Day in Norwood History- July 30, 1903-Guild Monument Unveiled at Norwood

This Day in Norwood History- July 30, 1903-Guild Monument Unveiled at Norwood

This Day in Norwood History-June 12, 2002-Cleveland School Library Dedicated to Librarian Paula C. Clifford

"On June 12, 2002, the Cleveland School Library was dedicated to the memory of our beloved librarian, Paula C. Clifford, and a plaque was placed at the entrance to the … Continue reading This Day in Norwood History-June 12, 2002-Cleveland School Library Dedicated to Librarian Paula C. Clifford

This Day in Norwood History-May 31, 1915-Monument to Ancient Order of Hibernians Unveiled

This Day in Norwood History-May 31, 1915- A monument to the Ancient Order of Hibernians, the first Society organized after Norwood became its own town, was unveiled at Highland Cemetery.

This Day In Norwood History-May 29, 1903-Free Mortuary Chapel Erected by Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Day in a Norwood Cemetery To Be Consecrated Tomorrow

May 29, 1903—Tomorrow morning there will be formally consecrated in Highland Cemetery the mortuary chapel of St Gabriel the Archangel, erected to their parents by Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Day.

This Day in Norwood History-May 24, 1890-Dedication of Norwood’s First High School, The Beacon School

Norwood's first High School, the Beacon school, was dedicated on this day in Norwood history in 1890. The article includes excerpts from speeches made by dignitaries present that day and gives a history of the building project- a process which took almost 20 years to complete.

This Day In Norwood History-April 29, 1970- Dedication Ceremony For The Junior High North

DEDICATE NEW SCHOOL — The raising of the Town of Norwood Flag kicked off the dedicatory exercises on Sunday at the new Junior High North in the presence of these … Continue reading This Day In Norwood History-April 29, 1970- Dedication Ceremony For The Junior High North

This Day In Norwood History-March 17, 1950-Baptist Property On Washington Street Sold

91-Year-Old Structure To Be Razed;Premises Must Be Vacated By July 1st The 91-year old First Baptist Church on Washington St, which has been sold and will soon be razed for … Continue reading This Day In Norwood History-March 17, 1950-Baptist Property On Washington Street Sold

Post Office Square/Guild Square Park

Norwood Post Office (photo LLKearney) Post Office and Post Office Square.  Site of the current Post office was where the Everett School was located.  The Guild School was located across … Continue reading Post Office Square/Guild Square Park

Chapel Court – Finnish Hall

Chapel Court lot plans showing names of lot owners (Norfolk County Deeds) By the early 1900s, the Finns began arriving in a steady stream and settling in Norwood. In February … Continue reading Chapel Court – Finnish Hall

Chapel Street: A Main Road with a Long History

Looking down Chapel Street toward Walpole Street. Chapel Street is a road that had been part of the landscape of South Dedham years before it became a part of Swedeville. … Continue reading Chapel Street: A Main Road with a Long History