Decades-old Badge Gifted Back to Norwood Police Department-August 1, 2016

Decades after his service concluded, the family of former Norwood patrolman Dick Murphy returned his vintage "triple-one" badge to the Norwood Police Department.

Travel Back in Time: The F. Holland Day House-August 1, 2010

This Day in Norwood History-August 1, 2010-Travel Back in Time: The F. Holland Day House

Frank L. Walsh Housing for the Elderly Nears Completion at Shattuck School-August 1, 1980

Norwood's Frank L. Walsh Housing for the Elderly complex, combining 55 new units and 17 renovated apartments inside the 76-year-old Shattuck School, neared completion for a September opening.

Vandalism of Blessed Mother Statue at St. Peter’s Catholic Church in South Norwood Appalls Parishioners-August 1, 1979

A marble statue of the Blessed Mother on the lawn of St. Peter's Catholic Church rectory in South Norwood was heavily vandalized over the weekend, leaving all the fingers broken off the $3,000 imported figure.

Norwood Boys Club Baseball Team-August 1, 1963

This Day In Norwood History-August 1, 1963-Norwood Boys Club Baseball Team

Third Demolition Derby On Norwood Arena Card-August 1, 1963

A Demolition Derby and a special qualifying race for Sportsman Division drivers will highlight the stock car program at Norwood Arena next week. The Demolition Derby, third of the season … Continue reading Third Demolition Derby On Norwood Arena Card-August 1, 1963

Robert F Robinson Ends Training-August 1, 1963

Marine Lance Corporal Robert F Robinson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter F Robinson of 26 Columbia Road, Norwood, returned recently to the Marine Corps Air Station at Beaufort, S … Continue reading Robert F Robinson Ends Training-August 1, 1963

Norwood Scrapbook-August 2, 1962

Explore August 2, 1962 in Norwood—airport growth, political showdowns, theatrical performances, and the personalities shaping the Commonwealth.

Police Radar Set Makes Debut Here-August 1, 1957

Norwood Police tested speed radar equipment for the first time on this day in Norwood history, August 1, 1957.

Norwood Mother’s Club History Shows Problems Of Motherhood Same Through Years (Part 2)-August 1, 1957

In commemoration of Its 35th anniversary, Mrs. George Woodard, through her diligent and untiring efforts, compiled the history of the Norwood Mothers" Club. Numerous hours were spent in reading through … Continue reading Norwood Mother’s Club History Shows Problems Of Motherhood Same Through Years (Part 2)-August 1, 1957