fbpx

This Day in Norwood History- September 27, 1917- Masonic Temple Dedicated

Norwood Masonic Temple

NORWOOD, Sept 27—The new Masonic Temple was dedicated this evening by Leon M. Abbott, grand master of Masons in Massachusetts, assisted by officers of the Grand Lodge. Only members of Orient Lodge, by whom the temple was built, and guests were present. A banquet was served.

The Grand Lodge officers were welcomed by WM Martin J. Blasenak. Addresses were made by Grand Master Abbott and Right Worshipful James A. Hartshorn of Norwood. The Lotus Quartet furnished the musical part of the ceremony.

The reception committee included Rt Wor James A. Hartshorn, chairman, Wor William H. Gay, Wor Lewis Smith Jr, Wor Albert G. Webb, Rt Wor Charles W. King, Wor C. Kastman Webb, Wor Elmer E. Clapp, Wor Edgar L. Bigelow, Wor Ernest W. Ellis, Wor George W. Poore, Wor Walter S. Bagley, Wor William U. Lowden, Wor David E. Ellis, Wor George A. Smith, Frank A. Fales, Walter F. Tilton, James L. Atherton, Robert T. Barr, LaForest N. Newman, H. Frank Walker, Herbert D. Taylor, Frank A. Morrill, Joseph 8. Leach and Charles A. Gilmore.

The new temple is on Day st, in the center of the town. It is of brick, Indiana limestone and granite, and is Greek Ionic in design.

28 Sep 1917, Fri The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts) Newspapers.com

This Day in Norwood History-March 24, 1949-Norwood Man Buys His 28th Nash Automobile

This Day in Norwood History-March 24, 1949-Norwood Man Buys His 28th Nash Automobile

William A. Donovan of Rock street, retired guard of the Dedham House of Correction, at a ceremony at Boch Sales & Service Garage on Route One recently, was presented the…

This Day in Norwood History-March 24, 1949-Sportsmen’s Association Leases Property For Clubhouse

This Day in Norwood History-March 24, 1949-Sportsmen’s Association Leases Property For Clubhouse

At the annual Dutch Supper of the Norwood Sportsmen’s Association last Monday night Edward Thompson, chairman of the Building Committee announced that negotiations had been reached for the leasing of…

This Day In Norwood History-March 24, 1950-Macchi Expands Service Fleet

This Day In Norwood History-March 24, 1950-Macchi Expands Service Fleet

THE MACCHI FLEET lines up for prompt service to residents of Norwood and surrounding towns. Shown with fleet of trucks of the Appliance Sales & Service Center are (left to…

This Day In Norwood History-March 24, 1926-NORWOOD VOTES FOR PERMANENT FIRE CHIEF

This Day In Norwood History-March 24, 1926-NORWOOD VOTES FOR PERMANENT FIRE CHIEF

NORWOOD, March 24 — At a special town meeting tonight In Everett Hall, from 7 to 8, it was voted to establish a permanent fire chief. As there is a…

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close