This Day in Norwood History- September 16, 1925-Work Begins on First Addition to Norwood Hospital


Thu, Sep 17, 1925 – 8 · The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts) · Newspapers.com

, Sept 16—The first sod for the site of the new $200,000 addition to the was turned this afternoon by John E. , of the , who presided at the ceremonial. Tomorrow actual work on the new building will be started.

Among those present at the exercises today were Benjamin Rogers. Dr . and Richard Northup of the building committee: , president of the board of trustees, and representatives of the architects and contractors.

The new wing, which is to be three stories in height will increase the capacity of the hospital from 30 to 75 beds, adding 19 private beds and 56 ward accommodations

The present hospital building will be remodeled into administration offices and quarters for the nurses.

Related Posts

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close