Celebrating the anniversary of Norwood’s 1872 incorporation all year long. Please see our calendar for additional details.
Neighborhood tours this summer
In celebration of the town’s 150th anniversary, we are holding a series of Neighborhood History Walking Tours this summer. Join us for a walk as we talk about the history of different areas and communities that make up Norwood. All held on Tuesday evenings, 6:00 – 7:30. Add these opportunities to your calendar and stay tuned for details!
- 21 June — Upper South Norwood (meet at Balch School parking lot, 1170 Washington Street)
- 28 June — Lower South Norwood (meet at Morse House parking lot, 1285 Washington Street)
- 12 July — Swedeville (meet at parking lot of medical building, 95 Chapel Street)
- 19 July — Germantown (meet at the baseball field, Wilson Street Playground)
- 26 July — Christian Hill (meet at the Day House, 93 Day Street)
- 2 August — Guild Square (meet at the parking lot of First Congregational Church, 100 Winter Street)
- 9 August — Town Common (meet at the parking lot behind Town Hall)
No tickets are necessary for these free events.
Tour of the Day House: Sunday, June 26th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Join us for this great opportunity to see the house’s beautiful interiors dating to the 1890s and diverse items in the society’s collection. We request a $5 donation for each person; tours are free for members of the Norwood Historical Society.
Norwood History Discussions
Throughout 2022 we are holding book discussions focused on Norwood history, every few months on a Tuesday evening, 7:00 – 8:30. The March meeting will be held via zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in joining.
September 20 — P. Fanning, Keeping the Past: Norwood at 150
November 15 — A. Heppler, McCarthyism in the Suburbs
December 20 — W. Everett, Tales of Tiot
Monthly Book Group
Our monthly book group will resume in the fall, meeting online at 7:00 pm on the First Tuesday of the month. Stay tuned for next year’s reading list.
March 6th 1872-2022: 150th Anniversary Celebration
Online Reception at 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 6th
Our event is modeled on the reception held at the Day House in 1872. We will be broadcasting from the Day House and hope you’ll join us via zoom to raise a glass! We look forward to reliving key moments of the community’s progress towards independence and share material of the era from the Society’s collections. Please enjoy this recording of the March 6, 2022 event, courtesy of Norwood Community Media.No tags for this post.